So you’ve made one of our chicken recipes and have some leftovers, now what? Try our chicken salad. The smoky flavor from the chicken gives it a fun twist, and the apple adds a surprising texture. It’s quick and easy and better than the chicken salad you get at the deli counter.
- 2 cups leftover chicken, finel chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 apple (granny smith is recommended, but any crispy variety will work), cubed
- Whisk together the mayonaise and vinegar.
- Whisk in basil, thyme and paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in chicken and apple.
- Serve in a sandwich or with crackers.